LED LIGHT THERAPY
LED Light Therapy is a time-tested method for faster healing of surgical scars and wounds. However, it also has an added advantage of being an effective anti-ageing and skin rejuvenation treatment. Treatments can help you with skin concerns, including:
- Healing of post surgical wounds
- Skin conditions like psoriasis
- Reduction of wrinkles
- Skin rejuvenation
- Treatment of fine lines
- Management of muscular pain
What is LED Light Therapy?
LED refers to a Light Emitting Diode. LED is a computer chip enclosed in a glass-like sticky substance which emits curative light energy waves. With age and sun exposure, skin cells begin to decline in growth. This affects the production of collagen and elastin which, in turn, has a depleting effect on skin’s elasticity and suppleness.
Using Omnilux LED Light Therapy, our cosmetic surgeon can target the exact cells accountable for restoration of the skin’s supportive structure. This repairs the production of collagen and elastin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and rejuvenates the skin with a better skin tone.
LED Modalities Used At Advanced Aesthetics
We use three treatment modalities utilising the Diamond Luxor LED mask, each having its own benefits. These are:
This 633 nm modality targets the skin cells at an exact depth, thereby, stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. The Red light is used for skin tightening, treating wrinkles and scars, reducing acne inflammation and controlling the production of oil by skin cells. Red light is also combined with near-Infared light of 830nm, allowing for deeper penetration into the skin’s tissues; ideal for improving collagen production, and treating wounds and scarring.
This 460nm modality is ideal for congested and acneic skin. Treatments inhibit inflammation, repaid damaged skin, reduce p.acnes bacteria and improve the appearance of pores. Like the red light, the blue light is also combined with near-infared light in order to improve healing time and prevent scarring.
Both these modalities can be used independently, or in conjunction with other skin treatments like skin needling, deep dermal rejuvenation, chemical peels, Laser & IPL Rejuvenation and cosmetic injections.
Advantages of LED Light Therapy
There are many advantages of LED Light Therapy as an anti ageing and skin rejuvenation treatment modality. Some of the benefits include:
- Enhanced blood flow and oxygenation of tissues
- Increased production and migration of skin cells
- Enhanced removal of toxins, metabolic waste and damaged cells from the skin
- Improved cellular adhesion which helps lift the sagging skin
- Better tensile strength of skin tissues aiding in healing of wounds and scars
- Reduced inflammation of the skin
- Increase in release of skin’s growth factors
- Helps in production of new blood capillaries, thereby, treating spider veins
- Used for treatment of deeper lines and wrinkles
- Used as a modality for muscular pain management
A routine LED Light Therapy session lasts for 30 minutes, post which you can return to your routine almost immediately. There are minimum to no side effects associated with this skin therapy and it is suitable for both men and women alike.