LED LIGHT THERAPY
LED Light Therapy is a time-tested method for faster healing of surgical scars and wounds. However, it also has an added advantage of being an effective anti-ageing and skin rejuvenation treatment. At Advanced Aesthetics we use the world leader in LED Light Therapy – Omnilux – for helping you with your skin problems including:
- Healing of post surgical wounds
- Skin conditions like psoriasis
- Reduction of wrinkles
- Skin rejuvenation
- Treatment of fine lines
- Management of muscular pain
What is LED Light Therapy?
LED refers to a Light Emitting Diode. LED is a computer chip enclosed in a glass-like sticky substance which emits curative light energy waves. With age and sun exposure, skin cells begin to decline in growth. This affects the production of collagen and elastin which, in turn, has a depleting effect on skin’s elasticity and suppleness.
Using Omnilux LED Light Therapy, our cosmetic surgeon can target the exact cells accountable for restoration of the skin’s supportive structure. This repairs the production of collagen and elastin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and rejuvenates the skin with a better skin tone.
Omnilux Modalities Used At Advanced Aesthetics
We use two treatment modalities from Omnilux, each having its own benefits. These are:
Omnilux Revive Head
Also referred to as the Red Light treatment, this 633 nm modality targets the skin cells at an exact depth, thereby, stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. The Omnilux Revive Head is used for skin tightening, treating wrinkles and scars, reducing acne inflammation and controlling the production of oil by skin cells.
Omnilux Plus Head
Also referred to as the Near – Infrared Light treatment, this 830 nm modality is suitable for deeper penetration into skin’s tissues. The Omnilux Plus Head is used for treating scars and healing wounds, improving the production of collagen, treating fine lines and wrinkles, improving the texture and tone of the skin, as well as managing muscular pain.
Both these Omnilux modalities can be used independently, or in conjunction with other skin treatments like skin needling, deep dermal rejuvenation, chemical peels, Laser & IPL Rejuvenation and cosmetic injections.
Advantages of LED Light Therapy
There are many advantages of LED Light Therapy as an anti ageing and skin rejuvenation treatment modality. Some of the benefits include:
- Enhanced blood flow and oxygenation of tissues
- Increased production and migration of skin cells
- Enhanced removal of toxins, metabolic waste and damaged cells from the skin
- Improved cellular adhesion which helps lift the sagging skin
- Better tensile strength of skin tissues aiding in healing of wounds and scars
- Reduced inflammation of the skin
- Increase in release of skin’s growth factors
- Helps in production of new blood capillaries, thereby, treating spider veins
- Used for treatment of deeper lines and wrinkles
- Used as a modality for muscular pain management
A routine Omnilux LED Light Therapy session lasts for 20 minutes, post which you can return to your routine almost immediately. There are minimum to no side effects associated with this skin therapy and it is suitable for both men and women alike.